Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Improving my projective structuring technique



The subject that struck me the most from Sondra Perl’s article was her mentioning of projective structuring. I do agree that it can be problematic because during that process you want to please your reader and it becomes such a focus that it doesn’t let you express what you really want to write about. During this process your felt sense does get shut off sometimes and that’s a way projective structuring can go wrong.  It does so happen that I get caught up during this procedure and I don’t really focus on what I want to write which is a mistake because my end product is not as good as it could be if I weren’t worrying so much about the reader. I believe I have to focus on the correct way of projective structuring. That is to put myself into a reader’s shoes, be able to pull myself apart from my paper and become a complete stranger to it, not focus on what errors there are in the paper. I do know what it is to read someone’s work and feel completely lost so I will have to learn to call up that felt sense as a reader and try going through my paper like that to see how it makes me feel as that reader. My paper should be easy to understand and the topic should be explained clearly because that is what the reader is looking for, not how correct or incorrect a paper is.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm glad you are learning you need to balance the three parts of the process against each other. Like three large rods you want to make a tent out of. But felt sense probably has to be at the root of everything, doesn't it? You can't worry about the reader FIRST. But you do eventually have to.

    Good work.

    ReplyDelete